Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hero

Ireland wrote a paper for her class at school. This is what she wrote...


My Hero is... My Dad. My Dad is a heart doctor. He saves lives everyday. One night my Dad, me, my mom and 3 younger brothers were in the car. All of the cars behind us were honking at a car on the side of the road. Dad rolled down the window and asked her what was wrong. She said, "My car broke down." My dad looked at my mom and got out of the car. My mom took the wheel and pulled into the gas station. I looked at my Dad and he was pushing the car down the road to the gas station. Everyone was cheering. We took their kids home. My dad called a tow truck for the car. My Dad sets a good example for me and my family.

True story. It was the middle of the winter in New York, freezing cold outside, no one would help this lady with 3 teenage girls in her car. Scott single handedly pushed the car down the shoulder of a busy road a few blocks to a gas station. The kids were cheering to see their dad look like superman pushing a car down the road.

2 comments:

Mia said...

So awesome. You never know what memories your kids will take with them through life. That was a great one.

Richardson Five said...

I just love your cute family! What fun it is to read up and see all the pics of what you are all doing.

It looks like we are going to stay here in AZ. We are really excited about it. It has been so nice to have Nate's family around.

We ARE going to see you guys when we come home to visit more though now!

Merry Christmas!