Wednesday, October 15, 2008

White Bean Chili

I found this recipe on "Kitchen Cafe" blog. It is GREAT! My least favorite food is chili--my mom and sisters can attest to this--but this is so good and no kidney beans! Scott loves it and the kids will eat it. Here is the recipe...

Creamy White Chili

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies (if you like less kick, add just one can)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately. This is especially good served with tortilla chips. Makes about 6 servings.

3 comments:

Jen V said...

I got this recipe from the same web site - I haven't made it but MAN does it look good!

The weather is getting more "fallish" here and it reminds me of this time last year when I got to come visit you. It was so nice to spend that time with your family - thanks so much for having me! Definitely a trip to remember!!

Hacking it up said...

I'm with you...I hate chili,except for the one I make...because it's a sweet chili, not spicy and cumin-y (yes, that's a word...) This one definitely looks like one worth trying!! Thanks!!! We could make it if you come for Thanksgiving....just sayin'... :)

Allred Family said...

Hey, checked out "kitchen cafe" and loved the recipe ideas. I'm always looking for new ideas for dinner. Can't wait to try the chili as well. Hope you are enjoying fall in Rochester (miss all those beautiful leaves)