Monday, December 20, 2010

I love BYU...




We met Scott's parents at the BYU bookstore a couple days ago so the kids could pick out some BYU sweatshirts for Christmas. I was shocked how much the Wilkinson Center and the bookstore have changed. I love BYU and want my kids to love it to...and go there someday. It brought back a lot of wonderful memories to be on the campus. I admit I got a little teary eyed. Scott just rolled his eyes at me. He likes to tease me about how much I love hiking the Y, going to the Creamery, eating at Brick Oven, and how I always point out to the kids my college days jogging route and the apartments I lived in. My family moved to Europe when I was a sophomore at BYU, so BYU became home to me. It was a great time of life...and a hard one too, but mostly great. It was the place I went from teenage to adult and figured out what I wanted out of life. One day I hope to go back and get my PhD and then teach there. Maybe we'll even move to Provo and I can make Scott hike the Y and run my old jogging route regularly :)

1 comment:

Richardson Five said...

Okay, so that was the cutest Christmas card ever! It made me miss you and your cute family! We will have to come up and go skiing with our families sometime.

Oh, I didn't know you were such a passionate zoobie!