Thursday, January 8, 2009

Peas?

I was on the phone with Scott today while he was at the hospital cafeteria grabbing a bite to eat between cases. After he told me to wait for just a second, I heard him say to the cafeteria worker, "Can I have a big bowl of peas?". Peas? Really? Who orders a big bowl of peas? Not me. Not ever. I said, "so that is what you are having for lunch?" and he said, "yeah, and two bananas, two clementines, and an apple." This should not surprise me because this is how he normally eats, but the peas threw me off. I can't ever imagine wanting a big bowl of peas. I have to wonder how in the world Scott's mom (and dad) got him to have a LOVE for all things healthy?

...and so it continues...Scott was on call tonight and didn't get home from work until late, so being the great wife that I am, there was no hot dinner in the oven waiting for him. I offered to make him a hot dog and a cookie (what the kids ate--I'm ashamed to say). He instead made himself a salad and cooked up some squash. If he doesn't live to a very old age, I will be very mad.

No comments: