Thursday, January 10, 2008

Just a little note...I just want to say how much I appreciate electricity! We were without power for about 30 hours. At 5:00am yesterday the power went out and just came back on at 10:30am this morning. The schools were cancelled, so I had all the kids home to entertain all day long. It was a struggle. They played with tinker toys, legos, and K'nex. We organized all our toy bins, and went through all our stacks of pictures that had been boxed away. Then we all went outside in pretty frigid weather and they played while I strolled Caleb around the cul-de-sac about 50 times. Yes, we were bored! I did come to the conclusion that we would be a lot healthier and thinner if there was no electricity. No watching TV or movies, playing video games, surfing the net or baking cookies. No frying food or microwaving processed hot dogs or chicken nuggets. I think we even burned off lots of calories trying to keep warm. But, I think I'll take electricity over that and just exercise.

No comments: